“Simplicity is the art of knowing what to take away.”
I have removed the menu bar for now (until more features are added) and made it simpler to add recipes by clicking the “Quick Add Recipe” button.
Active development continues and some exciting things are being worked on.
– Support work such as documentation, automation tests, etc. This work will not be noticeable to the end users, but it serves to support active development to ensure a quality product.
– Enhanced recipe forms. This form will allow users to enter advanced recipe information such as separate ingredients, separate notes and other information.
– Account validation through email
– Message feed improvements
– Password reset options
– Basic image manipulation
– Recipe privacy for sharing recipes.
I hope to have many of these completed by the end of the month.
For several years, it has been a dream of mine to launch a recipe sharing social media website. In the last few weeks, I have promoted that dream to goals, those goals to action, and that action to fruition. The result is https://recipes.recifeed.com. Right now and for the foreseeable future, the site will be in beta where rapid changes can occur. The foundation is there, now its time to start building out the modules that will make this the best recipe sharing website out there.
Stay tuned for more great things to come.
aaronhollman.com is back up and running. I have recently migrated my site to aws and updated site security. It is my hope that, this time, I keep up with regular blog posts. Almost nothing is off limits for this blog, but the focus will primarily be on technology, especially computer science, quality assurance, and anything that interests me.
I am going to try to recover old blog posts but there wasn’t much anyway so it may be best for me just to start anew; time will tell.
Thanks for reading.